Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Snow on the Brain

Snow is weird stuff.

It can either be the most aggravating substance on the planet, when you have to scrape 8 inches of the stuff off your car at 10:45 pm in 15° weather after a long (and I mean very long) day of classes, ask me how I know.

Or, it can be the most wonderful, beautiful thing. Have you ever noticed how quiet it is when there is snow on the ground? Its eerily quiet, like in a movie, when it gets all quiet so you know the main character is deep in thought, that kind of quiet. The world still goes on as usual, but in a muffeled, hushed tone that says, "Shhhh, its snowing!"

Its times like this I really need to learn how to appreciate. I so often find my mind thinking about the future, usually whats for dinner. I think about what needs done at home tonite, what I want to do this weekend, what I need to get next time I'm at Walmart. What I really need is some snow on the brain, to let all of that exist, but let it fade into background noise.

10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11

English Standard Version (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment