Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Organization

I'm not the most organized person, I can admit that. I'm not a disorganized person either. I feel like I fall in a weird, grey area that isn't very well defined. Mostly, I'm a 'deal with it later'-person. I like to keep my desk organized, I like things having a certain place. I like having labeled, tabbed folders. I like organizational widgets. What I don’t like to do is take the time to use them. Because I am so delinquent with keeping up with my organization, once a week or so I just end up taking 15 minutes and clearing/organizing everything.

 

I have to do this or I can't find what's important. What I'm working on gets lost in the mess of old scrap paper and things that should have gone in the shredder long ago. Stuff that just gets in my way, slows me down, distracts me. I have to clean it all up, get rid of what slows me down, or I'll never be productive.

 

 

As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.  As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.

Matthew 13:22-23 ESV


1 comment: