Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Two Lists

What Doesn't Matter!

What I eat

What I drink

My clothing

What I look like

My hairstyle

How straight my teeth are

My weight

The music style I  prefer

What language I speak

If I have a funny accent

The people around me

The color of my skin

My gender

What my neighbor is doing

What Congress is doing

My political beliefs

The local news

The national news

The world news

Where I live

My nationality

What church I go to

My job (or lack of)

How fast I can type

My vocabulary

My sports ability

My public speaking skill

My age

My parents

My spouse

My child(ren)

My perceived maturity

Having a college degree

Having multiple college degrees

Not having a high school diploma

What I have done in the past

What other people think of me

Anyone else.

 

What Does Matter!

That I love the Lord my God; with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

That I love my neighbor as myself.

That I take up my cross, and follow Him.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment